Thomas Weiss is a court-certified receiver and a Fee Dispute Arbitrator for Nassau County where he has been practicing law for over 20 years. He started as in-house counsel for a mid-size property management company located in New York, NY where he was responsible for all legal matters concerning the company’s commercial and residential portfolio. This included negotiating and drafting residential and commercial leases and other contracts. It also involved handling and resolving disputes inside and outside of court, and handling all compliance issues, such as ensuring proper multiple dwelling and rent stabilization statuses of buildings.
He worked for several litigation boutiques where he handled complex commercial matters in all phases of litigation, from motion practice to trial practice. He also became quite adept at handling uncontested and contested divorce and family matters.
Since Tom opened his firm in 2002, he has enjoyed continued success as a passionate litigator. He has successfully tried cases in the State and Federal Courts.
THOMAS WEISS HAS AUTHORED AND CO-AUTHORED SEVERAL SCHOLARLY ARTICLES INCLUDING:
- “Standing Issues Relevant to Defense of a Foreclosure Matter,” New York Law Journal, August 31, 2012.
- “The Negative Impact of the Home Equity Theft Prevention Act on Legitimate Lenders and Investors,” New York Law Journal, Nov. 13, 2006.
- “Child Custody and Home State Jurisdiction,” The Nassau Lawyer, Vol. 56, No. 1, Sept. 2006.
J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1997
- Who’s Who: America’s Law Students
- B.A. in Political Science and Sociology, Queens College, City University of New York, 1994
- Minor in Urban Studies Top 10% of class · Honors in Sociology · Golden Key Honor Society · Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society · Dean’s List.
In 2016, 2015, 2014, Thomas Weiss & Associates was awarded the Martindale-Hubbell® honor of distinction. Less than 4% of the 900,000+ attorneys listed on martindale.com and lawyers.com have received this award.
This honor has been made possible by our clients who have taken the time to provide customer feedback in the following areas:
- Communications Ability
- Quality of Service
- Value for Money
The results have been compiled by America’s Registry and BLG has an average Rating Score of 4.5 or higher on a scale of 1-5. We are proud to be honored with this distinction.
- 2006 National Leadership Award bestowed by the National Republican Congressional Committee’s Business Advisory Council
- 2003 Businessman of the Year awarded by the National Republican Congressional Committee’s Business Advisory Council
- Active Member of Nassau County Bar Association
- Real Property Law Committee
- Matrimonial Committee
- BNI Accountable Pros (Past President)
- BNI AAA Spectrum (Former Member and Past President and Vice President)
- Long Island Real Estate Investment Association (Past Member)
- Mechanic’s Liens – A Brief Overview – Nassau County Bar Association, March 15, 2017
- When You Need a Lawyer: How to Choose and Work With One,” The OGA Senior Circle, Freeport, New York, 2007